Welcome to the class page for Year 4, here you will find out some information about timetable and class expectations.
In Year 4 you will receive the following homework; we expect homework to be completed on time.
- Reading – We expect all children to read to an adult a minimum of 3 times a week. We then ask for a comment from yourself when you have heard your child read. Year 4 staff will check reading records regularly to make sure it is happening.
- Times table practice - This should again be happening regularly at home to make sure children are confident with times tables. Times table Rockstars passwords are in the back of the children’s reading records!
- Spellings will be given weekly and some time will be spent in class learning them. These will be tested on either Thursday or Friday. Please help your child to learn their spellings as well as understand the meaning of the words.
- Homework –Children will bring home a homework sheet with a choice of activities. An activity needs to be completed every week and handed in on Thursday.
- Please ensure all children have appropriate footwear for woodland warriors in school. We will have Woodland Warriors on Tuesday afternoons – children will need wellies if possible as it can get muddy. They will be provided with water proofs to go over their uniform so they will not need any special clothing.
- Water bottles: Please ensure that your child brings a water bottle for the classroom, containing water only.
Making Viking long Boats at Woodland Warriors
Sea Life Sleepover
Year 4 Information
Certificates awarded on 14th June:
Values and virtues:
Pupil of the Week: