At St Joseph’s it is our aim in the teaching and learning of mathematics to ensure:
- A positive attitude towards mathematics for both children and those who are engaged in the teaching of mathematics.
- An awareness of the fascination of mathematics.
- Competence and confidence in mathematical knowledge, skills and concepts.
- An understanding of mathematics through a process of enquiry and experiment.
- An ability to solve problems, to reason, to think logically and to work systematically and accurately.
- An ability to work both independently and in co-operation with others.
- An ability to communicate mathematics.
- An ability to use and apply mathematics across the curriculum and in real life situations.