Welcome to Reception Oak
Welcome to Reception Pear
Welcome to St Joseph’s and thank you for your support and co-operation so far in settling children in to their morning routine. We have a few reminders and notices that we’d like to share with you to help our school day run as efficiently as possible.
Over the next few weeks we will be encouraging children to come into class on their own so that the classroom remains a calm environment and does not get too crowded. This will also help children develop independence with putting their own school items away. All letters and communication needs to go in the yellow tray (Reception Oak) and red tray (Reception Pear) as we do not always have time within the school day to check book bags. If your child attends breakfast club, please pass any communication onto pre-school staff who will then forward it to us.
School Uniform and Equipment
- Please label all items of clothing and shoes
- Your child needs a coat in school for outdoor learning. Please label your child’s school coat/place a keyring on the zip so that they can find it quickly.
- Wellies need to be in school and labelled
- PE kit needs to be in school and labelled – including pumps and trainers.
- No lunchboxes are needed for snack. Please place this inside their book bag.
- Hair needs to be tied back
- Only stud earrings may be worn – no hoops please for health and safety reasons
- Children should not bring toys into school as this not only disrupts learning but could also result in valuable items being lost.
If you need to change your child’s meal choice or provide them with a packed lunch you must let Mrs Currien know, please contact her by selecting the correct number when contacting the school number on 01905452772.
Please check you emails for an email from Tapestry and click the link to activate your account. A Tapestry app is also available for download from your Iphone or Android App Store. Any problems accessing or using Tapestry please don’t hesitate in coming to speak to Miss Dean or Miss Haines as soon as possible.
If you are going to be late collecting your child ring the school office and let us know what time you will be arriving and who will be collecting your child.
Thank you for your co-operation,
St Joseph’s Early Years Team J
*Reception Oak Parents Only*
On a Thursday morning Mrs Cusack will be covering Miss Dean’s management time. Mrs Cusack would like to take this opportunity to introduce herself;
“I am delighted to be member of the team teaching Reception Oak this year, I look forward to meeting you and getting to know your children. I have taught at St Joseph’s for over 12 years and I have worked in several school across Worcester. I particularly enjoy science, geography and music and exploring the world around us. I strive to encourage all children to enjoy and take an active part in their learning.”